In this environment as the COVID-19 pandemic worsens, you may prefer a telehealth option in the comfort and safety of your own own via your smartphone or computer.
It may be a surprise to you as physiotherapy is traditionally known and experienced as a very 'hands on', Barry Nguyen who has over 15 years sports and musculoskeletal injury experience as a physiotherapist can confidently conduct many physical tests through video observation and provide highly effective pain management and self-treatment programs (which includes exercises and DIY hands on therapy) digitally. It is true that he cannot massage you, but he can teach you or your family member or partner to do it under video supervision.
So how does the physiotherapy telehealth consultation work exactly?
1. Barry will take a detailed and full history of your injuries or health concerns
2. He will provide you with a provisional diagnosis of your condition
3. He will provide you with a comprehensive DIY physiotherapy treatment plan digitally via an app-based exercise prescription software a personalised home exercise and self-treatment program
4. He will provide you with comprehensive personalised advice via videos, documents and website links
5. Prescribed exercises and self-treatment techniques can be closely supervised, progressed and varied in real time via your smartphone or laptops camera
To access this service, you will need:
1. An internet connection and smartphone/laptop with a camera
2. An e-mail account
Please note this service is currently rebatable under a Medicare chronic disease management plan (care plan) or if you have Private Health Insurance cover.
If you are unsure if your injury or health concern is appropriate for telehealth, please contact us and speak to Barry to discuss.